- Eligibility criteria for the applicants
- They must be Experienced Researchers, i.e. researchers who, at the time of the relevant deadline for submission of proposals, are in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Researchers may be of any nationality or age
- They must comply with the mobility rule that applies to them, either the standard mobility rule or the flexible mobility rule.
- Standard mobility rule: ERs must be non-residing in Turkey for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the relevant deadline for submission of proposals. Short stays which does not exceed 20 days in total in a year and compulsory national service are not counted. This standard mobility rule applies to all applicants not being eligible for the flexible mobility rule.
- Flexible mobility rule: ERs must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Turkey for more than 36 months in the 5 years immediately before the call deadline. Short stays which does not exceed 20 days in total in a year and compulsory national service are not counted.
- The flexible mobility rule will apply to four groups of researchers:
- Reintegration applicants: For applicant wishing to benefit from the flexible mobility rule for reintegration, applicant must be a long-term resident (Long-term residence means a period of full-time research activity in the Turkey at least 5 consecutive years.) of Turkey. Applicants must in addition to this rule also move or have moved directly from a non-EU country to Turkey.
- Applicant with refugee status: To benefit from the flexible mobility rule, researchers must have refugee status in accordance with the Turkish regulatory system at the time of the relevant deadline for submission of proposals, and principles laid down by the Geneva Convention.
- Applicants with non- academic host organizations: Applicants proposing a non-academic as main host organisation in their proposal. To benefit from the flexible mobility rule, applicants must in addition to this rule also apply with a non-academic host organisation.
- Career restart applicants: To benefit from the flexible mobility rule, applicants must in addition to this rule also have had a career break in research, i.e. they must not have been active in research for at least 12 months prior to the relevant deadline for the submission of proposals.
- Eligibility criteria for the host organisations
- The main host organization must be an academic or a non-academic research institute in Turkey with a high international research reputation.
- Secondment host organizations must be an academic or non-academic institute of high quality in Turkey or abroad.
- Mentors are expected to be team leaders (or equivalent) of the team in which the fellow will work, and should have an excellent scientific profile.
- Eligibility criteria for the research proposal
- The proposal must be submitted before the Call deadline, through the online system eBİDEB. All proposals must be in English.
- The proposal must be complete.
- All proposals must adhere to the ethical issues policy of CoCirculation2, and must contain a completed Ethical Issues table.
Researchers or fellows who are currently receiving support from TÜBİTAK programs may apply to CoCirculation2 fellowship but can not receive two funding at the same time in the case where applicant is successful. CoCirculation2 fellows can not benefit/get financial gain from other TÜBİTAK programs. However, they can involve in different TÜBİTAK projects in various positions.
Successful applicants from previous Co-Circulation cannot apply to this Scheme.
Any Turkish national who has mandatory obligation in Turkey as a condition of previous fellowship and/or support cannot apply to the CoCirculation2.